Philadelphia In-Town Directions
Rally Address: The rally will be held outside the Pennsylvania Convention Center, on Arch Street between Broad and 13th Streets. If you need a validated address for GPS directions, use 1301 Arch St., Philadelphia, PA 19107.
Parking: We do not recommend attempting to park on the street in the vicinity of the rally. Please consult the Convention Center’s driving directions and list of nearby parking garages and lots.
This is a parking site where you can put in your location, and they’ll find the closest and cheapest parking options http://philadelphia.bestparking.com/
The cheapest option is to park in a residential neighborhood and take public transit to the rally.
Public Transit: The rally is centrally located near major SEPTA public transit stops:
- Broad St. Line Subway: City Hall stop
- Market-Frankford Line Subway: 13th St.
- All SEPTA Regional Rail Lines: Suburban Station
March End Point: Broad St. & Walnut St. ( 200 S. Broad St., Philadelphia, PA 19102 )
Directions from all over the region
You can create or look for a carpool from anywhere:
Here are great resources from many cities
From NYC & NJ to Philly
Any city with an Amtrak station to Philadelphia 30th St. Station
(from NJ to 13th and Locust. Walk north on 13th until you see other people gathered to forge a brighter energy future at Arch St.)
From West Chester to Philly
- 104 Bus to 69th St. Station
- Market-Frankford El Train to 13th St. (Cost: $2)
- Get off at 13th St. walk north 2 blocks
From North Central PA (Williamsport/Lewisburg/Lock Haven et. al.)
http://www.susquehannabus.com/locations.asp (Picks up all over the region.)
From North Eastern Pa to Philadelphia
From State College, Pa to Philadelphia
From Western PA to Philadelphia
From Wilmington, Delaware
From Dover, De
From Baltimore/Eastern MD to Philadelphia
Megabus (The Megabus pick-up is at the White Marsh Mall.)
From Western MD to Philadelphia
DC to Philadelphia
Amtrak to MFL
Richmond, VA to Philadelphia
Amtrak to MFL
Charlottesville, VA to Philadelphia
Blacksburg, VA to Philadelphia
North East Ohio
Frequently Asked Logistics Questions
- What time should we aim to arrive? Rally starts at noon, but 11am is better, in case you hit traffic!
- Where should my bus drop people off? The rally will be on Arch St between Broad and 13th. Buses can drop off anywhere they want, but one of three locations is ideal: on Broad St., between Arch and Race, on 13th St., somewhere between Market and Race, on Arch St., east of 13th St., as close to 13th St. as the bus can get.
- Do we need a parking permit for the bus? Yes. It is $20 and can be purchased the day of the event, without reservation. Bus parking is at the Callowhill Bus Center, which is on Callowhill b/w Columbus Blvd. & Front St. They have a break room for drivers there. See http://www.philadelphiausa.travel/group-tour-planners/planning-tools/transportation/motorcoach-info/bus-parking/ for more information.
- Where should the bus pick people up? The march will disperse at 3pm at 200 S. Broad St (Broad and Walnut). If you’re leaving immediately following the march, the bus should pick your group up on the southbound curb of Broad St., between Spruce and Pine, in front of Kimmel Center.
- What time should we depart? If you’re leaving after the march, 3:15 would be a good pickup time. If you’re staying for the Interfaith Blessing of the Waters, which starts at 5pm at Arch St. Methodist Church, 7pm or later would be ideal.
- Should we stay for Friday Sept. 21st? Yes, Friday morning there will be a non-violent intervention. Followed by two conferences.